7th Day Shine
WHY SHABBOS MAKEUP
There are so many halachos that apply to everything we do on Shabbos, it can be a little overwhelming. From how to make a salad to how to clean dirt off your clothes. And yes, even what kind of makeup you use and how to apply it. In fact, most regular makeup products really can't be applied on Shabbos. 7thDayShine is a full line of all natural high end makeup that is halachically permissible to apply on Shabbos when applied following the guidelines.
The makeup is weightless mineral powder containing natural mineral pigments, freeze-dried vitamins A&E, green tea extract and a light lavender based aromatherapy. From the subtle summery shades of pink to a deep bold berry color, each woman has a product to fall in love with. The makeup is free of harsh chemicals and packaged with love. Basically, we got you covered girls!
These products have been reviewed and approved by Rabbi Yehuda Kelemer of West Hempstead according to the guidelines of Harav Moshe Feinstein zatzal, in confirmation with Harav Dovid Feinstien shlita that the psak applies not only to white powder but to colored powders as well.
There are several melachos that you can transgress when applying regular makeup on Shabbos, for example,
2) Mimarayach/Mimachaik-Smearing or smoothing
3) Tzovaya-Coloring or dying
1) TOCHEIN - GRINDING
When you use your brush to "scrape" your compact powder to pick up product, it is considered grinding.
All our makeup is sold in crushed loose form and is not considered grinding.
2) MIMARAYACH/MIMACHAIK - SMOOTHING OR SMEARING OF A SOLID OR LIQUID.
Applying a lipstick, liquid foundation etc.. is considered smoothing or smearing.
Our makeup is all in loose powder form and contain no oils and is not considered smearing or smoothing.
3) TZOVAYA - COLORING
Applying non Shabbos makeup is considered coloring.
GUIDLINES FOR APPLICATION
IN ORDER FOR OUR MAKEUP TO BE PERMISSIBLE TO APPLY ON SHABBOS, THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES ON HOW TO APPLY IT MUST BE FOLLOWED.
• Before applying Shabbos makeup your face has to be clean and dry of any previous cosmetics, moisturizers & oils. For example, you cannot apply Shabbos blush on top of your non Shabbos cream foundation. It is permissible to reapply Shabbos makeup on top of Shabbos makeup that you had on previously only if it is the same color.
• You must have brushes that are designated for Shabbos makeup only. Each product & color must have its own brush.
• You cannot mix makeup colors on Shabbos
• One color can not be applied on top of another color or next to each other causing them to blend. An example of this is applying blush next to bronzer or blending two eyeshadows on your eyelid. Applying blush or bronzer on top of Shabbos foundation is an exception to this rule and is permitted.
• After applying Luminosity you must wait until it is completely absorbed in your skin (approximately a half hour) before applying Shabbos makeup on top of it.
• Qween lip oil can be worn alone or on top of a Shabbos lip powder. THE LIP POWDER CANNOT BE APPLIED ON TOP OF IT.